During this week’s show, I answer questions from Leah Bear about using lactose-free milk in cheese making, issue further information about making lactose free cheese, and discuss why people are lactose intolerant. Special thanks go to Carol Willman for contributing to this piece.
- Bob asked about wax temperatures before waxing his cheese,
- Santiago wants to know why his recent cheeses all have an acidic/ bland flavour,
- Chuck is not sure when his Jarlsberg is ready and I give a tip about which season not to make this cheese,
- Bill wants to know why his cheese is crumbly,
- Dianne asks when to add dried apricot pieces into her White Stilton,
- John has a plan to add unhomogenised skimmed milk and 38% cream together to make unhomogenised milk for cheese making,
- Amanda inquires about the best way to smoke cheese. For further reading on this, check out Smoking Your Cheese, and
- John asked about the best way to defrost sheep milk for making a Pecorino Romano.
ASK A QUESTION FOR THE PODCAST
Don’t forget that you can leave a voicemail message that I will answer and feature on the show. Just remember that I cannot answer them straight away, so please don’t expect an instant reply.