This weeks feature is a review of the podcast that appeared in episode 90 of the Reaction Podcast by a couple of non curd nerds! Just be forewarned that there is swearing during that 5 minute segment, but if you can handle it, then it is well worth a listen just for the laughs.
The news clip is from ABC Rural News and is about Lyndall Dykes who is the owner of The Cheesemaking Workshop. She teaches mainly around the north coast of NSW.
Listener questions this week are about the target temperature of the milk during cheese making, how to set the external thermostat from heat to cold mode, whether a normal small bar fridge will suffice as a cheese cave, and a couple of replies to YouTube comments.
Links mentioned in the show;
- My cheese making kits (only delivered to Australian customer)
- Reaction Podcast by Matt and Beau
- Lyndall Dyke’s The CheeseMaking Workshop
- LGC Cheesemaking Video Tutorials on YouTube.
|External Thermostat. Press the centre button for 4 seconds to set to cold mode|
This helps raise the podcast in the iTunes charts, which ranks against the likes of world famous food podcasters like Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson, and Martha Stewart to name a few. Any help would be fantastic if you have the time.
If you wish to receive the show on your portable apple device each time I release an episode, you can subscribe via iTunes using the button below. You can also subscribe via Stitcher Radio.
So, until next time curd nerds, remember to Keep Calm and Make Cheese!
Susanne Tewes says
need a written recipe for the cheese curds
Thermostat operating instructions – from eBay website:
* Switch on the thermostat with power. The screen shows current temperature.
* Button "SETTING": used for switch between "WORKING" mode and "SETTING" mode. Press once, the thermostat go into setting mode, press another, the thermostat goes back to working mode.
* Button "TEMPERATURE +": used for elevating temperature. When the screen shows "SETTING", each pressing on the button elevates 1 degree . Long pressing on increases the temperature till +38 degree. After 5 seconds no operating, the thermostat returns to working mode.
* Button "TEMPERATURE -": used for lowering temperature. When the screen shows "SETTING", each pressing on the button reduce 1degree . Long pressing on lowers the temperature till -9 degree. After 5 seconds no operating, the thermostat returns to working mode.
Heating mode and cooling mode change:
* In the "WORKING" mode, press Button "TEMPERATURE +", after 4 seconds, the "WORK" mode will change, heating mode to cooling mode, or cooling mode to heating mode.
* Heating mode(red light bright):.
* When current temperature ≤ set temperature – 1degree ,switch on the power.
* When current temperature ≥ set temperature + 1degree ,cut off the power.
* Cooling mode(green light bright):.
* When current temperature ≥ set temperature + 1degree ,switch on the power.
* When current temperature ≤ set temperature – 1degree ,cut off the power.
* Protection function:When short circuit occurs, temperature screen shows [dd], the power automatically cut off.
Ian Treuer says
Another great podcast Gavin!
Thanks Ian. I think it is high time that I had you back on the show as a guest. What do you think?