Did you know that there is a lucrative black market in stolen Parmiggiano Reggiano in Italy? Neither did I, but there is such an issue. Listen to the podcast to find out more!
This week’s Listener questions are from the following curd nerds;
- Carlos wanted to know what cultures to use for specific cheeses and some cheese making suppliers in the US/CA
- For Cheddar use a Mesophilic culture that contains; Lactococcus lactis ssp. cremoris and Lactococcus lactis ssp. Lactis
- For Swiss cheeses use a Thermophilic culture that contains; Lactobacillus helveticus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii ssp. bulgaricus, and Streptococcus thermophilus with the addition of Propionic Shermanii
- Cheese making suppliers in US; New England Cheesemaking Supply, Canada; Glengarry Cheesemaking,
- Phil was unsure when his Raclette was ready,
- Justine rescued her Colby after forgetting to mill in the salt, and
- April wanted to know how salty cheese crystals are formed in some cheese aka Calcium Lactate and Tyrosine crystals.
ASK A QUESTION FOR THE PODCAST
Don’t forget that you can leave a voicemail message that I will answer and feature during the show. Just remember that I cannot answer them straight away, so please don’t expect an instant reply.
Support the show!
If you would like to support the podcast and YouTube channel so I can make new and interesting cheeses and cheese related content, then please support me via Patreon.
This podcast is sponsored by Little Green Workshops where you can pick up your cheese making kits and supplies. We stock a large range of cheese making gear and ship to Australia and most countries throughout the world.
Until next time Curd Nerds, Keep Calm and Make Cheese!