After a request from Annet who was looking for more information about Feta, I knew that I could fulfil the request easily. She was disappointed at the diminishing quality of commercially made cheese. What better way to overcome that issue, by making your own Feta using our Feta video tutorial!
It can also be served cooked or grilled, as part of a sandwich or as a salty alternative to other cheeses in a variety of dishes.
Now what are you waiting for? Get some milk and get cracking!
Just so you know exactly what I put in it, here is the ingredient list that I used.
- 4 litres full cream milk (1 gallon)
- 1/4 teaspoon of lipase diluted in 60ml (quarter of a cup) of non-chlorinated water
- 1 gm (1 heaped smidgen) direct set mesophilic culture
- 2.5 ml rennet diluted in 60 ml of non-chlorinated water
- 2.5 ml calcium chloride diluted in 60 ml of unchlorinated water (if milk is homogenised)
Follow these instructions.
Enjoy this wonderful cheese!