Welcome back, curd nerds. Starting again after a long break in between audio episodes. I have also created a YouTube channel for the podcast which you can find at Little Green Cheese Podcast with Gavin Webber. Anyway, back into the episodes which will be weekly from now onwards.
Family business feeds Australia cheese to save an iconic industry
This week’s Listener questions are from the following curd nerds;
- Adam asked if you can add Penicillium Candidum to the salt when salting the cheese
- John wanted to know if it is okay for the curds to have 1/2″ (1.25 cm) of whey on top after coagulation.
- Miguel would like the link for the cheese drying mats that I used in some of my videos.
- Ruth wanted to know if you can use aluminium wires on a curd cutter and about early blown cheeses.
- Sandi wants a cheese fridge but doesn’t know how to set it up and how to adjust big batches of milk to smaller wheels, and
- Soren was interested in adding rum or whiskey to his cheese.
ASK A QUESTION FOR THE PODCAST
Don’t forget that you can leave a voicemail message that I will answer and feature during the show. Just remember that I cannot answer them straight away, so please don’t expect an instant reply.
My Speakpipe page for voicemails
Support the show!
If you would like to support the podcast and YouTube channel so I can make new and interesting cheeses and cheese related content, then please support me via Patreon.
This podcast is sponsored by Little Green Workshops where you can pick up your cheese making kits and supplies. We stock a large range of cheese making gear and ship to Australia and most countries throughout the world.
Until next time Curd Nerds, Keep Calm and Make Cheese!
Leave a comment for the Cheese Maker!