Prompted by a voicemail from Wayne, I talk about how to add herbs and spices in cheese. From chili, sage, red and green peppercorns, to cumin and caraway seeds, you can add a lot of variety to your cheese above and beyond the traditional recipes.
We skip the cheese news this episode to get through a few more listener questions.
Today we cover for following questions;
- Denis asks about thermostats and whether you can use them for cooling and heating.
- Brian asks how much salt to add to the Farmhouse Cheddar recipe.
- Richard thanks me for providing all the free cheesemaking information on this site.
- Christie asks how to combat a wet cheese fridge (see photo below)
- Poppy asks if a cheese fridge needs to be so stinky that the cheese smell sticks to your clothes!
- Celine ask what to do with her Stilton after the four days of turning is over.
Thanks for all the questions. Don’t hesitate to leave a question via the Speakpipe tool below.
If you liked the show then pop over to iTunes to give it a rating and review. I would be honoured to read your feedback.
Leave a comment for the Cheese Maker!