In today’s episode I talk about the subtle differences between the main acid coagulated cheese that should be a staple in the home cheese makers repertoire; Paneer, Whey Ricotta, Whole milk Ricotta, and Ricotta Salata.
Cheese news is about a Listeria infected cheese recall from Whole Foods, and what the signs of infection are.
This week’s questions are:
- Charlotte from South Africa: Why don’t I use pH measurements in my recipes?
- Taryn from Australia: What type of starter culture should I use for a Caerphilly?
- Frieda from NSW, Australia asks: Is pink mould okay on my blue cheese, and how do I get more veins? How do I stop my Camembert from being too moist on the bottom?
- Colin from New Zealand: Can I put chopped onion into cheese or what is a better alternative?
- and a Voicemail testimonial from Annie!
Don’t forget that you can leave a question via the contact us page, or leave a voicemail below.
Also if you are looking for good quality cheese making kits, supplies, and equipment, you can get them from Kim and me over at Little Green Workshops. We now ship our products all over Australia and New Zealand!